Wednesday 12 June 2019

How Do You Play With Your Kids?


Dr Emily Freeman and PhD Candidate Mrs Erin Robinson have been looking at parent-child play interactions. “We want to know what sorts of things parents are doing with their children”, says Dr Freeman, “How often do you rough-and-tumble or play with toys?”. This research was born from previous work with Dr Freeman looking at rough-and-tumble play between Dads and their kids. “It’s so important that we are finally studying the important role that father’s play in child development, but I was finding that when I spoke with parents about these previous projects, lots of Mums were saying ‘but hey I do that too’ or ‘I do more of the rough-and-tumble than my partner!’ and so Erin and I thought maybe we should actually ask parents what types of play they are doing”.
If you would like further information on this study, or are a parent of a child aged 0-10 years and would like to participate, head on over to the survey page here: https://limesurvey.newcastle.edu.au/index.php/347555?lang=en





Dr Emily Freeman (left) and PhD Candidate Mrs Erin Robinson (right).